Winterizing a metal frame intex in a freezing climate

Sep 15, 2013
Mod Edit: Question came from this thread. Moderator Linen

Any thoughts on this? I have drained my water below my skimmer at thsi point and have added my chemicals. I covered it with my solar cover to keep debri out until I have a better idea on how others have closed their intex pools - your help is greatly appreciated.

Can you give me details on how the 2 pools you observed over the past 2 years were closed? Were pillows used, did they plug the side holes (what did they use), did they use the provided intex cover, etc? Any details you have would be very helpful.

They were drained about 6 inches below the wall penetrations. The wall penetrations were left open with the plumbing hardware removed. As I recall, at least one of them used a fine mesh style winter cover without water bags. I believe they used the cable that came with the winter cover and threaded that also between the pool and the metal poles. They also hung some water filled bleach bottles from the cable to keep it from popping up over the edge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.