Stenner 170DM5

May 2, 2013
Dallas area
Hello - I have a stenner 170DM5 pump. If I understand it, i could put a #1 hose in it and tuen it on L (5%) on time and get about 0.5 gal per day. I would like to use it for acid addtion to the pool. I could put it on a timer to limits it time. I have added 168 oz of muriatic acid over the last 14 days. This is 11 oz or so per day. That would say i need almost 6 hours to put in tat amount of acid. If i plum this in after my filter and before my swg, would i hurt anything? should I water down my acid and run it longer? Also, how do the stenner pumps work, when set at 5%, do they run 5% of on hour all in the 1st part of an hour of more uniformialy distributed across the hour.

Anthony

If you put a #1 tube in that pump and only use one head, it'll pump .3 to 5 gpd.
If you plumb it before the swg I'd suggest that you dilute the acid about 4:1 or more.
If you plumb it after the swg then using full strength 20º Baume acid is fine.
The way Stenner pumps work is they rotate the head(s) a precentage of each revolution of the final gear. For instance if you set it on 10 it rotates 100% of the time, and if you set it on 5 it rotates half the rotation of the motor and sits idle half the rotation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.