Wind getting under winter cover

May 26, 2013
Ottawa, On, Canada
Hello,

Last year i had TONS of problems with my winter cover on my 27' above ground pool. Before the water froze, and after it thawed every time wind blew (even just a little) air would go up underneath the cover and inflate it like a giant balloon 10' in the air. I called the store I got the cover from and their only suggestion was to add more water on top of the cover, but it didn't seem to do anything as the water would just get pushed to the far end of the pool and it would inflate again.

Does anyone have any suggestions of something I can try before I close the pool down for the year?

Thanks,
David

I had good luck with a little strategic positioning of the winter cover. In the Chicago area, the prevailing winter winds are mainly out of the south, and I was having the same problem with the southwest corner of my pool. What I ended up doing was positioning the grommets on the south and southwest side of the pool exactly between the pool legs. This way, when I cinched the wire down tight, the wire pinned the cover against the legs while the wire in the grommets held the cover down between the legs. On the north and northeast side of the pool, the lineup didn't matter as much because the wind wasn't as much of an issue on that side.

Does that make sense?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.