Dent/Buckle in pool wall

Apr 8, 2008
We just set up a 24 foot round pool and everything is fine except we noticed a bulge/dent behind one of the verticals. Any suggestions on a way to fix this without draining the pool?

322010725.jpg

322010719.jpg

322010562.jpg

That is a high spot. We had them when we first set up our pool and I've seen them since then. The way to get rid of it is to remove a tiny amount from under the pool at that spot. Since there is a paver there, I'm not sure how you're going to do that. We just slipped a pocket knife under the bottom edge and you could hear it pop and ping until the dent went completely away.

If the paver doesn't extend very far under the upright, I wonder if you could just tap it down with a board and a small sledgehammer. The weight of the pool pushes on the ground under the liner. It is not supported (in the vertical direction) by the uprights. The only weight the paver should be supporting is the weight of the wall, the upright itself, the top rail, and someone who decides to sit on the top rail. This is why I think you might be able to tap it down. FWIW.

Tom

We asked Royal Swimming Pools where we bought the pool and they said the block was too high (like some of you said) and to loosen the dirt underneath it. My husband did that with a small pick and released the pressure. Hopefully, it's going to be okay now. I am glad we didn't have to drain it!!!!! Thanks for your answers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.