Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dent/Buckle in pool wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Dent/Buckle in pool wall

We just set up a 24 foot round pool and everything is fine except we noticed a bulge/dent behind one of the verticals. Any suggestions on a way to fix this without draining the pool?

23k gal IG Gunite
    Haywood S-220T - Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dent/Buckle in pool wall

OUCH! If the weight of the water against the wall isn't pushing it out. Then I am afraid the only other way to fix it is to drain it or to drain leaving no more than a foot of water.
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

3. Back To Top    #3

That is a high spot. We had them when we first set up our pool and I've seen them since then. The way to get rid of it is to remove a tiny amount from under the pool at that spot. Since there is a paver there, I'm not sure how you're going to do that. We just slipped a pocket knife under the bottom edge and you could hear it pop and ping until the dent went completely away.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

4. Back To Top    #4

If the paver doesn't extend very far under the upright, I wonder if you could just tap it down with a board and a small sledgehammer. The weight of the pool pushes on the ground under the liner. It is not supported (in the vertical direction) by the uprights. The only weight the paver should be supporting is the weight of the wall, the upright itself, the top rail, and someone who decides to sit on the top rail. This is why I think you might be able to tap it down. FWIW.

Tom

5. Back To Top    #5

We asked Royal Swimming Pools where we bought the pool and they said the block was too high (like some of you said) and to loosen the dirt underneath it. My husband did that with a small pick and released the pressure. Hopefully, it's going to be okay now. I am glad we didn't have to drain it!!!!! Thanks for your answers.
    23k gal IG Gunite
    Haywood S-220T - Sand Filter