lisaj

Sep 17, 2013
Hi! :wave: I've been lurking all summer. Actually, we've been looking for a pool all summer and every time I Google something pool related this forum comes up...lol. I finally decided to register so I could see photos and possibly ask a few questions here and there.

My husband and I are not vacationers. Our free time is spent working in the garden/yard and raising a few chickens. We decided to get an AGP since we enjoy my brother-in-law's and for when our grandbaby visits. We priced new ones and decided that was more than we wanted to invest. We're definitely DIY'ers so we don't mind the work involved in setting up our own pool.

I finally found a deal on a 24' x 48" Doughboy Sand Dollar II. I don't know how old it is as the guy had bought it used a couple of years ago. He had two sand filters (ordered a new one and friend gave him one to use until it came in) and two new pumps (first one came in and had a broken bracket and the company sent him a new one and told him to keep the broken one). We had some help disassembling it and it only took 1 1/2 hrs....yay! Now we're looking forward to setting it up next spring, which will be a challenge in itself because we live on a the side of a rock pile.

Looking forward to picking your brains!