Exposed Rebar

May 31, 2013
Hi all.

Gunite freeform pool built in 07. Has a cleaner system called PCC2000. Over time one of the water jets seemed to have worn away some of the plaster where there seems to be a black dot showing through. I called the builder (MDPOOLS) and sent many emails since 31 Aug 13 where a rep finally called back. After he asked me when built he stated that the plaster was out of warranty. I stated that the plaster isnt the problem its the fact that rebar is presenting itself and causing discoloration spots in the plaster.. He then indicated he would look into scheduling a visit (since last tuesday) and I have not heard back since. I followed up with texts since he called me with his cell.. Nada....

So looking for recommendations as the rebar is a structural thing and a lifetime warranty should have it covered...

I am going to visit their office.. Not sure they can ignore me for ever.... should I also send a letter to BBB?? Looking for guidance or advice..
mfhearn

Pictures would be helpfull. It's probably not rebar, since the rebar should be embedded in the shotcrete under the concrete. You could get a strongish magnet and find out, if it doesn't stick then it's likely a stain of some sort.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.