Which one is right???

Sep 11, 2013
Cocoa, fl
Ok, I am new to this site and trying to learn some things, I greatly appreciate all input from you professionals.
I have a 15000 gal cement/ Marcite Inground pool with beach area and spa in beach area with a spill over of half inch. Four foot drop waterfall, hayward automation swg.cartridge filter.

Pinch a penny suggests...tc 2-4. TFP says. Tf100 says.. Tfp swg says.....
Ph. 7.4-7.6
Ta. 80-120
Cal h 250-400
Cya 60-80
Tsd. 300-3000
Salt 270o-3400

I won't list all the levels for the rest but that's 4 suggestions with 4 different level amounts. Some are small differences some are larger differences. I never have used borates and have read that section also and it sounds good and if you all suggest it I will do it.

So I guess my question is what levels should I use for swg? And if you suggest borates which levels should I use for that?

Got my tf kit today that tfp recommended. And played with it a little bit. I think I'll get used to it after a couple runs at it.

Ok just tested remember this is my second time using the t100 or any for that matter, but I am fairly enclined and followed the directions.

FC 3.5
Cc 1.5
Tc 5.0

Ta 100
Ch 370
Cya 60
Salt 3200

Swg has been set to 10 percent for two weeks. This thing is really producing chlorine huh?
It's a t15 rated for a 40,ooo gal and my pool is around 15 ,ooo

So what now do you suggest? Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your ph is fine where it is.

Yes, 24 ppm FC is your SLAM level. Add enough LC to get it to that point using poolcalculator.com to calculate the amount. Add it to your pool in front to the return (water returning to the pool). Then check in a hour and add enough to bring it back up to 24 ppm. Do this as often as possible.

Just to reassure myself, I am now in the process of slamming and I should check level every hour till my level is .5 or lower. ( and that I reached my shock level) . If I reached my shock level and only when I reach the .5 or less then I do the over night loss test. When those two are complete I am fine right?

Then how long does it take to get shock level back down to range? And is that done by just time? And I take there should be no swimming till then?

Thanks so much for your time and teaching a newbi.

You need to just be testing FC and CC every time and maintaining the SLAM level FC level. When CC is consistently < 0.5 and the water is clear with no sign of algae, then you can do the OCLT.

Once you have passed the 3 criteria, then just let the FC slowly drop. It is safe to swim as soon as it is below SLAM level.

2hour mark. Fc 29.5 , cc .5
I am assuming that next check cc will be zero being I was generous giving it 1 drop to turn back clear.

So.....if it is zero then is it safe to say that the pool was fairly clean? And it would be ok to do the overnight test?

Thanks again

Did you add chlorine at the 1 hour mark to result in a high FC after 2 hours?
CC is only one sign of a problem and often people do not have any CC even with algae in the water.

How does the water currently look? Any algae or cloudiness?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.