Backwash hose, ughh!!

Artfulone

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 1, 2013
Herndon, Virginia
Hi,
I have an Intex Krystal Klear Sand/Saltwater filter that I've owned for about a year and a half. Recently, I purchased a 2" x 50' plastic backwash hose from In the Swim:
http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Equipment ... wash-Hose/

...and it does not fit my Intex Sand filter backwash exit. I've tried everything to stretch it, and also puchased many other sizes (2" being the largest) and its not budging!!
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm stuck! :hammer:

The Intex adapter looks like a good solution. I considered that.

My Intex filter came with new hoses. I took one of my old hoses and cut the flange off one end with my miter saw and removed the gray nut. My backwash hose then fit perfectly over the end and I secured with a hose clamp. The other "stock" end hooks right up to the pump.

I'll post a pic tonight.

Ok here's the pic. Just another solution option, as the adapter solution would be good as well if you've got the adapter. Since a new Intex filter should come with hoses you should end up with a couple spares.

I just slid the gray nut back out of the way and cut the flange off. You want to cut it off right up against the back of the flange so it leaves you plenty to slide the hose over and clamp to. I believe it's a 2" backwash hose, been a while since I did it. I did 2 back washes since I made it and no issues.

[attachment=0:m2bjbb4e]photo.JPG[/attachment:m2bjbb4e]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.