Need to replace pump all recomendations welcome.

May 20, 2013
NW suburbs, IL
My jacuzzi magnum force 1.5hp pump bearings have gone bad and I am looking to just replace the entire pump. I'm hoping you guys may have some recommendations for a replacement. I have a 16x36 IG Vinyl pool with 2 skimmers 2 returns 1 suction and 1 main drain. I believe the pipes are 1 1/2'' I've attached pictures of my set up as well as the pump. Hopefully going to a 2 speed will help save some money. We've been running the pump 24/7 this summer and if I'm looking at the electric bill correctly then we currently pay 0.06570 per kwh.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 75
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 75
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 75
Is your current pump 115V or 230V? Most 2-speed motors are 230V, so need to be sure you have that available or if you would be able to add that option.

If you do have 230V, I would suggest the Superflo 1HP 2-speed (SF-N2-1A). Comes with a built-in switch to select speeds and is a little smaller than your existing pump to also lower the cost to buy and run. Although you power is pretty cheap, so may take some time to offset the added cost of buying the 2-speed.

Make sure to check with your utility for rebates as well. Mine gives you $200 to install a 2 speed or a variable speed pump. That will certainly help offset the cost and shorten up the payback.

The Superflo 1HP 2-speed (SF-N2-1A) we suggested is Pentair ... but it is also 230V. Ideally You would need to run new wires from your breaker box to the timers to switch from 115V to 230V if that is what you have.

Add a closer picture of the timer wiring.

That does not help ... way too many extra parts and wires in there to be able to tell what is going on.

It kind of looks like 230V wiring, but not 100% sure ... what breaker feeds that panel?

The breaker that feeds that panel is located in the basement. A friend of mine is gonna stop by later today with a multimeter to test the voltage. Thank you guys for all the advice, I really appreciate it. I just have one more Q's, Would the pentair pump noted above in 1 1/2hp be overkill?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.