New pool build - Murfreesboro TN

Jun 7, 2013
I have been lurking on this site long enough. Here are the pictures of the progress made to date.
ty2u2u4y.jpg

evehuhe3.jpg

peda3yde.jpg

2aze7y8a.jpg

yravy8ug.jpg

henuqeru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We are about 1 month into this pool project. The rain has slowed is down a good bit. PB says we will have the bonding beam poured this week. I am glad to finally see the shape come to life.

It is now time for us to begin the liner selection process. I like the deep blues. My wife likes the emerald greens. Do any of you have a favorite in those two color families?

What about black liners? I've not seen one in person but the pictures look nice. Does any one put there. Have a black liner? Do you love it or hate it? Would you get a black liner again? Does it make the water warmer than a blue or brown base?

We love our black liner...Would def do it again.... I can't speak to it being warmer than another color because I would assume I would need to have half my pool with a black liner and half with a different color to actually know the answer to that. So no help on that one...

We definitely love ours as well. I think they really look good in the lagoon style pools. I asked my wife if she thought she would want to change it when this liner wears out and she said, "No way!" Guess that counts for something. There were several debates I found on here that discussed whether a darker liner would increase the temperature but nothing was really concrete evidence either way. I guess the only true way of knowing would be to have 2 pools close together with the same depths and gallons of water with different liners to really tell. I finished my fill just as the temps were starting to fall for the year. However, my pool has about 10 hours of direct sunlight and it has been plenty warm. Good luck in your build! Keep those pics coming!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Otis1971 said:
Cblink, thanks for the links. I see one is located in middle Tennessee. I am also located there. I may need to contact those folks.

We are just a few miles east of you in Cookeville. We love the black granite liner and would definitely do it again. Not sure about if it increases temperature as we have no point of reference as this is our first pool. The color is a deep turquoise blue when the sun hits it.

Here is today's progress. It's hard to tell from the pictures but all the panels are at grade and plum. The PB drove 36" "L" shaped spikes in the ground at every black polymer support and multiple rebar spikes through the Pre drilled holes in the panels. All the panels are now in their final place and they pour the bonding beam of concrete around the outside perimeter of the panels tomorrow. This should really increase the rigidity of the entire wall system. The Fort Wayne elite wall is VERY solid. I'm glad I went with that choice.
bu5u5u8a.jpg

6ujagyda.jpg

Maybe it's because I'm in Nashville... But this thing is looking more and more like a guitar. :)

Well, the PB made some good progress this week. The majority of the backfill is complete. We are working on final concrete deck design. I did carve out some space for an outdoor kitchen. I'm not sure what size an outdoor kitchen needs to be but I'm going with 15x13. Do you think that is a reasonable size?
hanetuqe.jpg
ba6ebyse.jpg
5u4ygadu.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.