HELP! Can't vaccum my pool :(

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Ok, so I totally give up on the polaris 65. It's a piece of junk. So, today I tried to manually vaccum the pool. I hook up everything and have my son put the filter to waste and well. NOTHING. There was no suction coming from the in the pool, thorough the vaccum hose. And there was no water inside the pump primer housing (not sure what that thing is called) So we turned it off.

I suspect that maybe there isn't enough pressure to be able to suck the water out though the house and to the pump/filter???

I know whats going to happen this weekend. That plastic hose Crud they call pool pluming is gone. I am going i/g style!

Your pump lost prime. Prime it again (do you know how to do that?)

Then, with your vacume head/hose under water, hold the other end of the hose up to the return, forcing all the air out of the hose. YOu'll see the air bubbles coming out of the vacume head. It will begin to subside and the head will drop back down. Keep the vacume hose under water, and make the connection to the vacume port (mine is my skimmer) be sure to keep the hose under water or you will lose prime.

Thanks ya'll I am going to try a different approach tomorrow. Instead of using the adapter plate, I am going to try screwing the hose and adapter to the hole in the skimmer and see if that helps.

FPM- I had the hose completely submerged and made sure it was completely filled with water before quickly putting it in the skimmer. Priming the pump housing wouldn't help. I think for one the way our system is set up is poor. That is why we are going to go ahead and hard plumb this weekend.

Waste- I will check the hose end. Very well I could of put it on backwards. I got so p-o'd that I left everything in the pool.

lulupalooza said:
Thanks ya'll I am going to try a different approach tomorrow. Instead of using the adapter plate, I am going to try screwing the hose and adapter to the hole in the skimmer and see if that helps.

FPM- I had the hose completely submerged and made sure it was completely filled with water before quickly putting it in the skimmer. Priming the pump housing wouldn't help. I think for one the way our system is set up is poor. That is why we are going to go ahead and hard plumb this weekend.

Waste- I will check the hose end. Very well I could of put it on backwards. I got so p-o'd that I left everything in the pool.

Sorry you are having such a hard time with it....good luck!

You mentioned that you turned the filter to Waste. This is an old posting, but I'm curious as to why not just leave it on Filter. I do this as I thought this to be what is proper. Could this be your problem, or am I doing it wrong?

Vacuming to waste allows the dirt on the bottom of the pool to bypass the filter medium, so you don't then have to clean the filter. Some types of filters don't have this option....mine doesn't. Depends on the system. You also lose alot of water when vacuming to waste. To each his own! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.