Sep 1, 2013
Got my tf100 and want to make sure I'm doing right. Todays readings are
ph 8.2+
FC 7.5
CC 0
TA 160
CYA 30
CH 550
I am shooting for for TA of 125 to bring csi to zero with the calcium hardness of 550.
I have been adding Muriatic acid everyday and cannot get ph reading lower. I don't recheck for 24 hours, heat on 96 so it would be circulating overnight and possibly raising ph, is that right? Also, how much chlorine should I lose overnight at 96 degrees with these readings? Am I on the right track, should I be looking at borates, etc? Thanks for the help

Welcome to tfp, longtimenoob :wave:

ph above 8.2 will read as 8.2, so it is possible you are a bit higher. I would dose with Muriatic acid to lower your ph from 8.2-7.2, then let the pool circulate for an hour, then retest, recalculate and redose. Repeat this until you a ph that is somewhere between 7.2 -7.5.

longtimenoob said:
Also, how much chlorine should I lose overnight at 96 degrees with these readings?
No more than 1 ppm at night when the sun is off the pool.

longtimenoob said:
Am I on the right track, should I be looking at borates, etc?
Borates are optional and I wouldn't look at them until you find you have a need for them. Get the rest of your parameters in order first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.