Temperatures

brmommy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2013
Southeast Ohio
So it has been colder here the last couple days. Over night low 40's and right now it is 68. Just checked the pool and it is 80 degrees. (The lowest reading ever since installing the pool in July) In the next few days it will get up to around 74 and sunny. With a solar cover on, is there any chance the water will heat up higher than it's current 80? I didn't know if the solar covers add much heat or really just hold the heat. When I lifted up the edge to put bleach in it, it seemed the air felt warm. Just trying to decide if there is a chance to swim again with warmer water, or if I need to try the chilly 80 one last time. Thought or experiences????

It might go up a couple of degrees. Don't hold out for the high 80's -90's cause it won't happen unless you get some hot weather. The sun angle is down too.

Solar covers are better at retaining heat although they will increase temp some.

I just wasn't sure if the outside temperature would have to be in the 80's to get the water to go up a little. Hopefully I can find at least one more day in the next week that I can get in before I say goodbye for the winter.
tenerife-forum-swimming-smiley.gif

It dropped to 79 today. Being afraid it might be my last chance, I got in. It wasn't too bad once I got used to it. Still hoping for some sun this week to warm it up for maybe another swim or two. First year with a pool and I'm not ready to close it yet!!!!!!

Our recommendation is to not close the pool until the pool temperature is consistently below 60F and open before the pool temp gets consistently above 60F. This minimizes opening cleanup.

Also, sometimes an "Indian summer" will surprise and get the water warm enough to swim later in the season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got in today to do the last vacuuming and brushed the walls. Water temp was 78. Wasn't bad.

Cover went on cause the leaves are starting to fall and I don't want to have to deal with them. It was a good swim season !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.