skimmer robot?

I'm waiting for leaves to fall to see how well my Poolskim does with them. I am very happy with it. I have 1 inwall skimmer that just doesn't cut it. Since I added the Poolskim my surface is free of any debris. Yardmen with weed-eaters and blowers get all kinds of Crud in the pool, and 30 minutes later it's gone. 90 degree slotted returns help a great deal getting water to rotate. Most of the debris passes by the in wall skimmer and goes right to the Poolskim. I have my pump speed on low 12 hours a day, and it looks like it's barely sucking, but I need to empty the bag once a week.

For "Tons" of leaves, I think a leaf rake may be best bet... a real big one.

As a pool owner that gets 9,458,237 Oak leaves in my pool each year (that doesn't count the poplars and the maples :mrgreen: ), I would encourage you not to waste money on toys that won't do the job you will ask them to do.

A few years ago, I finally manned up and got a VERY heavy duty adjustable pole ($80 or so) and a HD leaf net (about $80 again, I think).

If you had a tiny pool with just a few leaves one of the little products mentioned might work. I do not think there is a mechanical device that will get the leaves out of your pool for you. Get a STURDY (The heaviest you can buy) net and pole and be prepared to do the work.

Dave, I don't think it's fair calling the aforementioned products "little" in a negative context. My pool is very large (almost 26,000 gallons) and sits between 6 maples, 2 oaks, 2 black walnuts, 3 locusts, and a dozen or more long needle pines...with a complete 6 acres of woods another 60 feet beyond that. I get TONS of debris, leaves etc, at any wind, rain storm or what have you. I was sick of cleaning leaves, UNTIL I got that leaf skimmer that is shown above. I actually attach mine in the FRONT or leading edge of the skimmer Weir, so NOTHING can get into the actual skimmer basket..and this thing makes very short work of anything sitting on the surface of my pool. I don't have to put a leaf rake in at all. With this item, and my pool robot working the floor my pool is clean and clear hours after any storm. It's a great product and works very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.