Unexpected low CYA

May 27, 2013
Hi all -

I've been using BBB since we moved into our new house about 3 months ago. When we moved in, I ordered the TF100 kit and started manually dosing the pool with 8.25% bleach. When we moved in, CYA was in the 120 range and I did a couple of partial drain/refills to pull it down to 50-60. Since then, we've been on autopilot with daily additions of bleach and muriatic as needed, nothing else has been added to the pool except we've been doing a little pumice stone scrubbing to remove some scaling that was there when we moved in - no chemicals just elbow grease.

This morning I took a full set of readings as follows:

FC - 7
CC - 0
PH - 7.5
TA - 80
CH - 180
CYA - filled to the top and could still see the dot

I repeated the CYA test and had the same result. Any ideas on how my CYA could be zero?

We've had normal use this summer, and there is a drain at the top of the pool's normal water level (maybe some drain out as we top off the pool daily). But I wouldn't have thought the CYA could have gone down 50-60 points?

I was thinking about taking a sample to Leslie's in case I'm getting a bad reading (my test kit is about 4 months old now)....

Thanks for any input or ideas you have...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.