need a winter cover but no room

Apr 24, 2013
i need to figure out some way to cover pool for the winter. i have a deck built all around the pool . there is no way to get a regular agp cover between pool and deck. would like to get an inground safety cover and attach it to deck but cant afford it right now. what are my other choices thx.

i just seen on the big interweb a mesh agp cover this will allow rain and snow melt water through but keep all the nasties out it was $80 this should work as long as it is secured to the deck properly . wht do you think

Years ago when my sister-in-law lived here in NY she had an above ground with a wrap around deck. Having no way to use a conventional cover mounting system, I came up with this idea. I installed t-nuts http://www.zorotools.com/g/00057017/k-G ... g_Feed&kw={keyword}&gclid=COT6hNXAybkCFRIaOgod9AgAVQ I the wood deck. I used the cover as a template to drill the holes. After I marked out the hole locations I moved all of them in 3-4 inches to allow some slack in the cover. I used Stainless t-nuts and stainless pan head machine screws to bolt the cover down. We used a plastic 55 gal drum from the hardware store for a float (I still use one on mine). This worked well to keep the cover in place. Some debris did blow in under the edges due to the slack we allowed for. Water tubes would probably eliminate this. Never tried them as she moved to Dallas a couple years later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.