Pool Crete and Pool Liners

zandp

Sep 13, 2013
Hi
Brand new to this site and I have a few questions.

Do we measure for a inground pool liner before or after the pool crete has been completed? I have been told both.

IF we complete the pool crete and then measure and order the liner, do we need to cover the pool crete with tarp?

Is it OK for a DIY person to to tackle the task of pool crete? My husband has poured many yards of concrete and knows how to do.

Installing the liner, it is getting late in the year, is it OK to install and not have a hot day?

Do we need to install the liner this fall? Can we do next spring?

Thank you for your time and your expertise!!

We did our poolcrete with my family. My nephew has a concrete company and trowels concrete for a living. Took a little bit for him to set the hang of it but he got it done in 8 hours with the help of 4 guys and it came out great.

You must measure for the liner AFTER poolcrete is in.

You will want to cover the poolcrete until you get your liner ordered and installed.

If it was me I would put the liner in now and not wait til fall

We plan on pool creteing in one day, waiting 24hrs before we can walk on it and 3 days of no rain after the job is completed. No rain all summer and now when we are close to finishing this gigantic project, we have rain in the forecast. Yes we will tarp while waiting for the liner.

When we did mine, it rained the next morning when we finished it. it was tarped. Rained all day that next day. We did it on a saturday, rain was done late sunday. Was able to go out and walk on it Monday and start cleaning it up. We scraped/sanded some bad spots, pathched some low areas. Covered it back up with the tarp and then 2 weeks later the liner came. The day the liner was to be installed, a storm rolled in. We planned on putting the liner in at around noon. The storm came and rains went away around 2. However, the electric went out. At around 6 we decided to go ahead and put the liner in. We took an hour and swept, cleaned, swept, cleaned, swept, cleaned. I prayed that electric would come back so we could stick the vac in and suck out the air behind the liner.5 of us (2 men 3 women) dropped the liner and got it in place. Around 7:30ish the electric finally came back on, fired up the vac and had water running by 8. By 9 it was close to dark, I was in the deepend with a spotlight up above cutting in the MD's. Painfully cold water!

Moral of the story is I dont think you need 3 days of dry weather. 1 day of no rain to get the base in. Find another dry day to do your final finishing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.