Baker Hydropak

May 4, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I just moved into a house with a green and cloudy pool and the pool uses a Baker Hydropak skimmer with the filter under the basket. It doesn't seem very efficient. When I remove the filter, the dirty water contained therein falls back into the skimmer and some goes out into the pool. After I clean the filter and reinstall, all that dirty water gets sucked into the pump and out the jets. I do not like this filter. Near the pump is a cylinder with a cap which I believe is a tri chlor tablet dispenser. I wonder if I can remove this dispenser and replace it with a cartridge filter and eliminate the filter in the skimmer? I will post photos shortly.

I ordered a test kit and I will post results upon arrival.

Hello Again,

I've attached a photo of my pool pump. Again, the filter is under the skimmer basket. Please notice the two timers in the photo. The timer on the right controls the pump motor. The timer on the left seems to control nothing except the timer on the right - a timer controlling a timer. I don't understand it at all. But I digress. I was thinking that I would enlarge the concrete pad and put a new filter and pump assembly on the new pad and eliminate the filter under the skimmer basket. But I don't see how I will be able to change the flow from the skimmer to the drain in the deep end of the pool. It seems as if there is something missing. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 33
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.