Jandy FloPro vs ePump

Flopro is a single speed pump, fixed at 3450rpm usually, gpm will differ based on the size of the motor, will pull a lot of energy at a 2hp. The ePump is a variable speed motor, you can vary the rpm's achieving a lower rpm, utilizing lower wattage, less energy lower electricity bill, but you will need to run it longer. The ePump will pull roughly 75% less energy, Jandy say savings up to 90%. They control panel is a variable speed drive, varies the hertz to the motor, they are usually dc motor too. I would go ePump save some money in the long run. Larger investment up front. You might check with you power company, in CA PG&E offers a rebate if you buy a variable speed motor and if a certified installer puts it in for you. I have no idea why you would want to put in a 2hp single speed motor, unless you need that amount of flow to work with the heater and chlorine feeder. Ive programmed an ePump before, the user interface is not as friendly as i like. They have a module on the website where you can practice programming the vsd. http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Produc ... ePump.aspx In my opinion I would go with the intelliflo by pentair, they have had numerous version in the market for five years, and put a lot of r&d into it, and I like the user interface better.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm asking for the difference between the Jandy variable speed FloPro (not single speed) and the Jandy variable speed ePump. I have reviewed their website thoroughly and the only difference I see is that the FloPro has controls and a display actually on the pump, while the ePump does not. However, I'm not an expert and therefore I was hoping to get more information here.

FloPro (VS-FHP2.0) http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Produc ... loPro.aspx

ePump (JEP-2.0) http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Produc ... ePump.aspx

Performance wise, they are pretty close although the JEP 1.5 is slightly more efficient than the JEP 2.0 or the VS-FHP2.0. But given your sig, do you already have the FloPro?

ePump has a different wet end, and if you do not have some sort of automation at home already you will need an additional controller to chose your setting. I'll compare them when I get to work, and have an answer for you. Sorry about not reading your post thoroughly. Don't respond to posts late at night. ha

Hi Mark, I was supposed to get the FloPro, but the ePump was installed when equipment went in recently. I just noticed it and that's why I am trying to understand any difference. There seem to be minor pros/cons for each unit. The ePump has a bigger basket and FloPro has the on-unit controls. Online price for each is about the same.

heythatguy: I have iaqualink, so can control remotely. I also have ISY home automation, may utilize that with pool down the road, don't see any clear use right now. No worries on the initial reply, all are appreciated.

I have a 2 speed Flo-Pro 1.5 HP which I installed a few months ago to replace a dead Hayward pump, and thus far have been fairly impressed with it with one small exception. The quarter turn and lift basket lid can be difficult to open, and I finRe: Why Stenner?d I have to re lubricate the gasket every time I open it to avoid air leaks (I use silicone spray lube). The thing I think I liked best about it was the extreme ease of installation, things like a carrying handle, screw down pipe collar fittings, and variable thickness base plate really make it a good choice for DIY retrofitting.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.