Losing 1" a day! Ugh... 1st leak!

Jun 4, 2013
Minnesota
Can someone please guide me or get me headed in the right direction! I am losing an inch if not more, of water every day, water is now down below skimmer and my one incoming water jet (?). I have done the bucket test, I have tried the food coloring, I have visually inspected and I can't find where the water is coming from!! We have decking all around our pool and the ground near the pump, under the skimmer and along that whole side, running down hill is wet, not flooded but wet.

Everyone keeps telling me to wait until it stops leaking but what if the leak is on the floor!?

Water is totally perfectly clear.

Do I continue to let the water leak and just assume I will need a new liner next year!? I live in MN so within a couple months we will be getting snow, do I leave the pool EMPTY!? Won't that allow the sides to collapse!? Ugh... I am not sure what to do!? Please help!

Do you have any penetrations below the water level now?

Carefully go around the pool looking for any little discoloration or dimpling and inspect those places carefully of you find any. Next check the seams very carefully.

If the pool is empty, it will likely fail in the wind. The water is part of the structural strength of the pool. IMHO, If you are emptying the pool, you are best of taking it all the way down and putting it away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.