6-way test strips

Welcome to TFP!

Pool builders and installers just aren't very good at taking care of pools. The strips are not accurate enough for more than a rough idea of your water chemistry. The drop-based kits use clear color changes and drop counts to determine levels for most water paramaters.

I have read through pool school and I appreciate it greatly. I am a severe pool novice. I was looking at the test kits but I wasn't sure if I needed the same thing for SWGs? Thanks so much. :party:

Same test kit ... your pool is still a chlorine pool.

You just may want to consider adding a salt test ... the drop based is generally more accurate than the strips.

And the TF-100 is certainly the better value.

Welcome to tfp, dolwig :wave:

The only thing you might want to add for a swg pool in addition to the tf-100 is either the aquacheck salt strips (probably good enough) or the Taylor drop based salt test (K-1766).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Always good to have an independent test for salt. One sign of the SWG getting dirty and/or starting to go bad at the ends of its life is when it starts to read lower salt levels than reality.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.