i'm just not understanding something, oh gurus of the pool. this whole "shocking" thing. i can't keep my clorine level up, so i've read here that, in order to get to the point where your clorine will stay at a good level, you first have to get it to shock level, and keep it there 'till you don't lose any overnight. so, let's just say i haved achieved that, what happens next? am i to assume that once the level creeps back down from shock level and starts testing in the ideal range, i should just be able to add small doses of bleach to keep it there? i sure hope so, cuz i've been dumping so much bleach in there my local store ran out. so...is there light at the end of this tunnel?
here's this mornings test results (after i had fc @ 15 ppm last night)
fc- 0 /.5 range
tc- 0 /.5 range
cya - 40 / 50 range
ph- 7.2 / 7.5 range
thanx for yer help
oh, yeah, by the way... at what clorine level is it UNSAFE to be in the water? i want to do some brushing of the bottom & walls, but if i'm at shock level, should i be in there?
thanx again !