Goldline AquaRite Cell Life

Jun 15, 2008
Near Tampa Florida
Just curious of what the expected cell life would be for a Goldline AquaRite. I believe I've seen reference to the cell being rated for so many hours and that would be the hours it was actually generating. As I understand it, if I run the unit for 8 hours at a 50% setting, the unit was actually generating for 4 hours.

Thanks, Mike

I saw recently on the Hayward website that they are offering two types of cells: one with a 3 year warranty and another with a one year warranty. If your cell P/N does not have a "W" in it, then I would say it should last at least three years :-D

dschlic1 said:
I saw recently on the Hayward website that they are offering two types of cells: one with a 3 year warranty and another with a one year warranty. If your cell P/N does not have a "W" in it, then I would say it should last at least three years :-D
No real difference in the cells, just in the warranty period and how much you pay for the cell. On the average , most cells will last about 5 years but it really depends on the size of your pool vs the output of your cell and also on how well you maintain your water chemistry. (Low CYA and constant high pH are two common factors in early cell failure!)

My Aquarite is on its 3rd year and still handling the ~30k pool at 35% or so with no problem.

One other thing to mention is salt level. Keep it towards the high end of the manufacturer's recommendation (that is what Goldline told me on a service call). The cell doesn't have to work as hard, supposedly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.