Intelliflo priming dry...except it's not

culblu1

In The Industry
Sep 11, 2013
I have owned a pool service/repair biz for almost 9 years, so I am moderately competent. ;-)
I have had trouble with the Intelliflo 011013. This was the top unit 5 or 6 years ago. They are the moodiest pumps I have ever dealt with. The 011018 is a beautiful machine, but the 011013 is a constant battle.
I have a unit that shuts off and has an alarm "priming dry" display. The pot has 90% or more water flowing in it and the pump just stops and says priming dry after 30 seconds to a minute.
No air leaks, no blockage, filter pressure is ok...ggrrr
I am wondering if there is a way to bypass the unit so it runs without shooting off 15 different alarms. Just work!!!!...or if there is a solution that I have not found yet. Ready for questions and responses... Thank you

Do you know any of the specs on the motor itself? I tried to look them up and didn't have any luck.
If it's a 230 volt 3-phase motor you should be able to buy a small separate AC drive and run it off that.

Thanks for the welcome.

it is a multi speed motor, digital display with every sensor known to man. Priming dry, over current, blocked line, etc. I don't want to block all these features, but I need to tell the darn thing to let it prime.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.