Jandy LXi or LRZ Heater (issues with gas pressure)

Aug 26, 2013
Talked with my pool builder (the owner) today. He was reviewing my pool design (done by their designer) and called and asked why I chose to upgrade my heater from the Jandy LRZ to the LXi model. ($350 extra). He said they have had problems with unstable gas pressure causing the heaters to turn off. He said since its a low NOx heater it can be very sensitive to gas pressure changes. He recommended I go back to the LRZ for more reliable use, but will install what ever I want. I upgraded just because its slightly more efficient.

Anyone here have issues related to gas pressure with their LXi heater? This does concern me a little since I'll be taping into my propane tank the house uses for heat and hot water heaters. I see how I could get pressure swings.

Don't let the "efficiency" factor fool you. With "high efficiency" products your cost of ownership is higher when it comes time to repair the product with more parts to repair. I don't think your savings will be that great. I also see lots of issues with the Jandy models of heaters. Look around this board and do some searches and see what you find. Then if you decide to go with something else, do a search on that model as well.

Since you are still in the beginning stages you still have a chance to get a good heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.