Question about return line plumbing...

Kwikee

Feb 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I'm in the process of moving my pumping gear as part of a pool renovation. In the pic attached, the existing return line runs from the right, indicated by the red line. It is a 40mm line, and has a tee where it splits to the top and bottom of the pic and their jets. My question is two fold: firstly, is a single line with a T in it sufficient for two returns? It seems to work fine as is but I'm all for improvement if it's there to be had! Secondly, to avoid cutting out more concrete from the surrounds, can I just cut the line from the pump (the short blue line), just above the T, then cut into the branch (arrowed blue line) and either fit a T for the new return (white line) or run tandem return lines (+yellow line) to this point? Anyone see any issues?
Thanks.
[attachment=0:1eyhaybs]Return line.jpg[/attachment:1eyhaybs]

Attachments

• Return line.jpg
    Return line.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 47
What is your goal here?
Oh wait, I think I figured it out ... you are abandoning the red line going to the right and instead will be supplying the returns through the white/yellow?
If so, then you would be fine capping off the red line on the right and I would certainly recommend adding both the yellow and white pipes so that you can add a 3-way or two 2-way valves and balance the flow between the 2 returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.