West Monroe, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Before I start troubleshooting my problem, I'd like to have a starting point. I replaced the motor last year, so I would not consider it old. I usually run it 24/7 during the pool season and usually shut it off during the off season unless to pump it out after some heavy rains.

Just recently, I've noticed some delay when I turn the pump back on when I backwash. The last time I did this it seemed to be a little longer than before (maybe a second). Could this be the motor, or could it be something like the capacitor? I'm not much on troubleshooting electrical issues, but can get through it with good directions.

Any thoughts?

A small seed pod or such may be binding on the impeller. If you're able to inspect/clean the impeller, check for freedom of movement of the shaft is the place to start. It only take a few minutes and doesn't cost anything.

It sounds like it's in a little bit of a bind and then gets up to speed. I will take the pump apart and inspect the impeller first. I have had clogged impellers before, but don't ever remember the "delay" in getting up to speed. It was usually low pressure at the pump.

The impeller is clear of obstructions, and spins freely. I started the pump while the pump was pulled apart and the same "delay" occurred. This leads me to an issue with the motor.

Bama, to answer your question, it tries to start and then gets going.

Hopefully it is not the motor going out again...I don't remember it doing this last time it went out, but I realize that it could go out in many different ways.

I believe it's all she wrote for the motor. I let it sit for a few hours to see if cooling it down would make a difference. When I went to turn it back on it just "hummed". It heated up quickly (20-30 seconds) and then make a "click", then nothing. I guess I'll be purchasing a new motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.