Polaris 280 vs Hayward Tigershark

gmgm55

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2012
N. Houston
I'm in the process of building a pool and need to decide what cleaner to choose. The PB is offering the Polaris 280 (the pool is plumbed for this wheather I choose it or not) or upgrade to a Tigershark (for $450 more.) As far as debris I will probably have a few leaves year round but not a lot; I will probably have some dust year round and pollen in the spring.
How well will the Tigershark scrub the waterline (travertine tile)? I understand that the Polaris stays in the pool and runs on a schedule, does this mean that it takes less effort than having to drop the robot in several times a week?
This will be my first pool, so I have no experience with pool cleaners (the only knowledge i have is from pool school).

I can only speak for the TigerShark as I've had mine for 5 years. Does a very good job and does scrub the waterline very well. Mine in used in a vinyl pool. Lifting in and out is not really an issue. Just put it in, start it and then come back when it's done and wash out the filters. No problems other than ones I created. Hope that helps. Good Luck!!
Sami

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.