Another new build in Prosper, TX (pic update 12/5)

Re: Another new build in Prosper, TX (pic update 11/16)

clw72 said:
I have a question about the spillway on your the spa. Are you happy with the way the water falls over the chipped edge stone? Ours was left smooth and I asked if they would come back and chip it. The PB called to say he didn't think I would like the way the water would look as it spilled over if we didn't leave it a smooth cut. He suggested waiting so we could see what it looked like, then we could have it chipped later if we still wanted to do that. After seeing the pic of your spillway, I see what he's talking about with the water going under the lip of the rock, but I still think it looks great the way it trickles over.

We are very happy with how it turned out. We were not 100% set on either type, but saw one like ours in their showroom and knew that's what we wanted.

The pool looks great! Enjoy!!! :cool:

Readyforapool said:
Clw72 - mine was installed today, the photo they showed me was smooth rounded edges but just looked at it and they've chipped them off! I'm hoping I will like it! Apparently, they've worked really hard all day to get it that way.

Well since they worked so hard on it, I sure hope you like it!! :) I don't think I will care either way how the water spills over, I just don't like the way it looks with the smooth cut. It seems unfinished to me.

SKC said:
clw72 said:
I have a question about the spillway on your the spa. Are you happy with the way the water falls over the chipped edge stone? Ours was left smooth and I asked if they would come back and chip it. The PB called to say he didn't think I would like the way the water would look as it spilled over if we didn't leave it a smooth cut. He suggested waiting so we could see what it looked like, then we could have it chipped later if we still wanted to do that. After seeing the pic of your spillway, I see what he's talking about with the water going under the lip of the rock, but I still think it looks great the way it trickles over.

We are very happy with how it turned out. We were not 100% set on either type, but saw one like ours in their showroom and knew that's what we wanted.

Good to know. I have a feeling someone will be making a 3rd trip back, to chip ours. :whip: :wink:

Landscaping is at 95% completed, and I'm so glad to have grass again. Disregard the old rusty grill against the fence. That's on the way out the door....

ja3ebu2y.jpg

yhuvezu5.jpg

dy3evypy.jpg

A couple of night shots while playing with the LEDs. We wished we would have had some sort of light on/near the tanning ledge. From the location/depth of the one light in the pool, the ledge gets 0% of it. Would have been nice to be able to illuminate the ledge and fountain on it.

jyzemema.jpg

u7ymu8am.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like there was a lot of sleet versus just freezing rain which would have been much higher on the damage scale. But I know that any landscaping that gets damaged is frustrating. Warmer weather lies ahead! Maybe months but, hey, it's coming.

Patio crew is going to have to pay a visit this week. The Cool Deck is chipping up pretty good. It's mainly in the areas that had the ice sitting on it the longest. Rep said that they've had multiple decks with problems post-icemageddon, including his own stamped concrete deck.

After a year since pool completion, I'm finally getting around to finishing off the side yard by the pool equipment.

Thus far I've put down fabric to help prevent weeds, raised the overflow drain by about 4 inches, and then unloaded and moved 2 tons of fill dirt. Next step will be to level the dirt, lay another layer of fabric, then decomposed granite. Once that's all done, we'll lay a walkway of rubber pavers. Just wanted something that would be fairly easy to adjust and move if I want to modify it.

C5E60CEA-D9DF-4F0A-91BA-07FBEAAE2C0D_zpstgzxcjd5.jpg

925FA376-CEA5-4796-B2AC-F30D2CEDFC3B_zpsatfuhfiw.jpg

68159900-B359-4E3B-8C92-FCAB7EB9F184_zpsbfr7bszr.jpg

440DF9BC-1D40-4F26-8319-4E2FD9E8B601_zpsz0ttjvvw.jpg

E79B55C8-10E2-4484-92A3-C1FBFAE2DBD4_zpsuc5beytp.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.