Ellington, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
This has been my first year maintaining my pool using the TFP methods. I started out of the box using the Liquidator and once I had it dialed in, found it very easy to maintain my pool. So now it closing time here in CT and I normally disassemble my pump and filter and store the parts in my shed over the winter. This being the first time that I will need to tear-down the Liquidator I wondering how other people go about emptying it? Do I stop putting chlorine in it and let it continue to run then somehow empty it into the pool? Any advice and best practices would be much appreciated

Regards
Rich (laprjns)

Since you need to bring the pool up to shock level before closing it anyway, I would open the LQ valve all the way and let it empty the bleach out of it. I also used to take a section of tubing and hook it to the suction fitting in the plumbing and drop the end of it in the LQ and close off the inlet and let the pump suck most of the liquid out of the LQ. That way you don't have to handle as much water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.