The Best Hoop for Pool Basketball...

Hey All,
I just found this forum and pretty excited. I'm going to need all the help I can get in the coming months. We just received a pool, or sum of money for a pool, as a gift... we'll be putting it in before Sumer '14 God-willing. So, I figure I'll be getting lots of info from members throughout the process, I though it only appropriate that I offer something up front. I don't know anything about putting in or maintaining a pool, my parents did all that stuff in ours, but I did grow up with one, I have over 25 years of experience playing in them, especialy water sports.

Here's the thing. On most items everyone will have their opinion about what's best or what they prefer. That doesn't apply here, this is the absolute best pool basketball hoop you can find. I buy one for everyone I know who has a pool and we end up playing A LOT of pool basketball. It's the perfect height, it's the perfect size (for use with a standard mini-basketball,) it's got great stability, it's easily moveable if you don't want it around the pool, it's plastic so easy on the hands when you dunk, and it's pretty much indestructible. I'm 34, all my friends are roughly the same age, we hammer these hoops all summer, they last and last.

Here's the only con. Little Tikes doesn't make it anymore, the kind they make now are terrible for pool basketball. I'm not sure if there's even a model number or name for it. You've got it find them at garage sales or on Craigslist. Luckily, they're readily available if you want one. Every time I search craigslist I come up with a couple, they're usually $5-$15. There's still so many around because they are indestructible! No risk, All reward! :)

I promise, if you have kids (boys especially) or you are a larger child, or you're married to a large child, you'll love it. Get 3 or 4 mini basketball to shoot around with and you will be in pool basketball heaven.
[attachment=0:2lwxhrd3]IMG_7098.JPG[/attachment:2lwxhrd3][attachment=1:2lwxhrd3]IMG_7096.JPG[/attachment:2lwxhrd3]

Attachments

• IMG_7096.JPG
    IMG_7096.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_7098.JPG
    IMG_7098.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 196
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.