Pentair Intelliflo VF Warranty?

May 3, 2011
PSL, FL
I'm trying to find out the warranty on Intelliflo Pumps. I've looked all over Pentair's site. Did searches everywhere as well.

I was talking to a guy on Friday who said they had upped the Warranty from 1 year to 3. But I can't find that anywhere.

Do you guys know if the warranty is 3 years?

RobbieH said:
The VF I just bought says 1 year in the documentation. But I suppose it could be outdated?

It was interesting because I was asking about reliability and the guy told me they must be reliable because Pentair had just upped the warranty period. I think he was incorrectly referring to the "buy three" deal.

did you find out? At least one website says thats true if pump is professionally installed.

http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/best ... ump/136227

Pumps: 1-year professionally installed
IntelliFlo & IntelliPro variable speed pumps 3-year warranty when professionally installed

From what i read at amazon reviews etc, the replacement of control panel is one time only. So 1 yr - 3yr may not make much difference. But the change does make professional install worth it.. Self install 60 days warranty, professional install 3 yr warranty.

I really like Pentair equipment, but I won't be buying any more of it if that's how they are.

It's easy to figure out if an installation was done correctly with a few pictures. Having a so called "professional" do it is no garantee that it's done professionally.

Bama Rambler said:
I really like Pentair equipment, but I won't be buying any more of it if that's how they are.

It's easy to figure out if an installation was done correctly with a few pictures. Having a so called "professional" do it is no garantee that it's done professionally.
Totally agree ... we all see how good the "professionals" are with water chemistry ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was planning a DIY to new pump, been thinking of intelliflo for a while, finally when i was about to do this, i find this. 60 day warranty is show stopper for me. either its a bad product or they want to discourage DIY. I cannot risk replacing a working pump with something that is only guaranteed for 60 days. I will now have to evaluate the benefits with Installation cost.

jblizzle said:
Bama Rambler said:

Totally agree ... we all see how good the "professionals" are with water chemistry ;)

PG&E has $100 rebate, i did not see the requirement for professional installation for it.

http://www.pge.com/includes/docs/pdfs/s ... atalog.pdf

Follow all manufacturer installation requirements.
• All pumps must be new, and must be purchased and
installed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2014.

Nothing says professional install is required.

jblizzle said:
Do you also have a rebate available for the VS pumps out there in CA? Often the rebate is only valid for a professional (have to be a on a certain list) installer also.

Its 60 days unless installed by a qualified installer which takes it to 3 years as long as registered within 60 days... In the state of Texas a professional installer has to have an Appliance license or Electrical licenses to get the warranty over 60 days... In a Pentair meeting they told us if the installer isn't licensed not to cover it under warranty since its required by law to have at least an Appliance license to do any electrical on a pool..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.