Pool type question

Tiba80

Sep 3, 2013
Lakeport, CA
So my husband and I have a slight disagreement on the surface of the pool walls. I think they have been plastered at one time or another. He thinks the only thing coating the walls is the paint. The pool was probably built in the early 70's. It is obvious that basalt building blocks were used. And the bottom is cement. Not surprising given that we have learned he had a cement business. The steps we agree have been plastered. Is there a way to determine the wall coating without doing any more harm to the pool than the last 10 years of neglect have caused?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Brushpup said:
Welcome to TFP.

Judging by this pic, it looks like painted plaster to me. Get ready for sticker shock on a re-plaster. A 42K gallon pool is pretty big.

Awesome. I'm pretty sure I know where my tax refund is going next year. I was hoping to defer that for another couple years but by the amount of paint chips I'm vacuuming up that may no longer be an option.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.