How much do you spend on bleach?

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Just curious what you are spending on bleach each week?

I am putting in one 174 oz bottle (approx 3.5 bottles per week) every other day into the pool at $2.28- So about 35.00 per month so far. Not bad at all I think.

I have used very little baking soda and borax, mainly at intial start up.

I've used 5 small jugs of 6% and 1 large jug (same) since I opened the second week of May. The small bottles were between $.99 cents and $1.39, and I bought 2 big jugs for $2.28 at one at Target and one at Wal-mart. Haven't opened the second big one, will in the morning. Too tired tonight., so less than $15 for about 5-6 weeks.

No other chems needed, don't jinx me thanks - LOL :mrgreen:

16,000 gallon pool with an opaque electric safety cover and chlorine usage of around 1 ppm FC per day with pool used about 5 days a week. 2.5 to 5.5 ppm FC at 30 ppm CYA with chlorine added twice a week. $3.65 per gallon of 12% chlorinating liquid. Around $14 per month.

On the other hand, the marginal electric cost is $90 per month for the pump due to 5 hours/day of solar (plus 3 hours non-solar and 2 hours of pool sweep) and that's with an Intelliflo variable flow pump. At least it's a lot cheaper than gas heating, especially since we keep the pool near 88F.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.