worms in the pool

Sep 6, 2013
we just bought a house with a pool. the previous owner mentioned their pool was always full of worms when they first open the pool in teh spring and that its normal. they just vacuumed it up. is there anything I can do during closing to prevent it for next spring?
we have a vinyl underground pool.
thank you

I think it is normal. I leave my cleaner running through the fall, winter, and early spring with a safety cover on and empty it a few times with worms. We also get some with heavy rain storms. Worms and Frogs -I think they are a part of having a pool.

LOL, if a few worms is all the problems you've got, you've got it made :cool:

Even with my automatic cover on, each day I open it I've got a few that apparently slip under the retracting edge and dive in. Perhaps they're attracted to the water? Perhaps they've just fallen out of all the trees surrounding my yard? I dunno.. just doesn't seem to be an issue since it takes about 5 min to scoop or hand vac them up. I recently purchased a Pool Blaster Max vacuum (like a dust buster but for pools) and it is a breeze to use whenever needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.