Losing Water

Sep 5, 2013
Hello Everyone - I am a brand-new hot tub owner and know very little about how this all works, but am learning as I go.

We were recently given an older "Apollo" tub (built in 1998) that looks beautiful, and the previous owners, though they hadn't used it in several years, said that everything worked the last time they did use it.

For the most past that seems to be true. In fact, the first time we filled it (after getting power connected to it), with the exception of 2 broken (or missing) jets, everything appeared to work just fine.

After verifying that it worked, we disconnected the power line from inside the controller box, moved the tub out of the way, and built a foundation for it. When we put everything back together, we found that anytime we tried to close the door of the controller unit, the GFCI would trip. I spent a couple hours playing with it and found nothing, so called an electrician who specialized in Hot Tubs. After an hour or so, he left, scratching his head.

Then, several days later, I decided to try closing the cover one more time, and the GFCI has held ever since. Wierd. I suspect that we will probably need to replace the pack at some point.

But now we have a different issue: it seems like ever since we replaced the filter, water is continuously flowing from the black "overflow tube" (or whatever it is called) that hangs along side the filter unit - anytime the tub is turned on.

I don't recall seeing this before. I have emptied at least 4 - 5 gallon buckets of water so far. Is it possible that we have too much water in tub (it is just below the top step)?

We can't find any sort of manuals or printed info anywhere.

Thanks much!

Ken
Duvall, WA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.