Slime Bag, 1 micron filter. It does work

SPP

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2008
Indonesia
Hello All,

I would like to thank Jason Lion for the link to this product.
I can say that it does work and I am happy with the result.

I attached this jumbo size filter bag downstream of my Pentair cartidge filter on the trolley, which is supposed to be 10 micron rating. This is my pump set on trolley, a back up of my Hayward fix unit.

I can't say for certain that the Slime Bag catch really a 1 micron particle but it does catch a lot what the 10 micron Pentair cartridge does not catch. The dirt residue when I clean this filter, it is so fine, I can't feel it with my fingers. In comparison, my other Hayward cartridge filter ( 20 micron ) dirt residue when washed, can be felt with my fingers.

I have tried this filter bag for over a week now. Wash a bit after a few days of use and push it hard. It was raining during a few days of its duty and since the rain came after a long dry weeks, the bag really catch those fine dirt which usually accumulated on my sunshade and around my building walls and roofs. I also have 8 divers for two days, this usually throw off my water clarity, but in this case it did not.

Everytime there is a big rain and after divers are out of the pool, I run this pump+bag combo at least 8 extra hours, after I switched off the main Hayward pump. Same drill everytime but this time with the bag, my water clarity has been mainained near peak with ease and faster too. So I can say that this cheap bag does work.

Attachments

• Jumbo Slime Bag after a week_resize.JPG
    Jumbo Slime Bag after a week_resize.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 749
Cleaning the Jumbo Slime Bag

I do notice something rather odd.
Before I clean the Jumbo Slime Bag, and it was really dirty....when I shake it in the pool. some cloud of dirt will come off the bag outer layer. This bag works from inside to outside, so the dirt is supposed to stay inside the bag. Opposite water flow in comparison to a cartridge filter.

I don't know if those dirt that clings to the outer layer of the bag are dirt smaller than 1 micron, or those are the result of filter performance rating. I think this is a 90% rating, so I would expect 10% dirt will pass thru somehow. For a cartridge filter, I can never see properly the inside of the filter element and I can't play with it in a pool. Interesting.

Attachments

• Clean Bag 1.JPG
    Clean Bag 1.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 668
  • Clean Bag 2.JPG
    Clean Bag 2.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 664
  • Clean Bag 3.JPG
    Clean Bag 3.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 663
The water clarity is now improved with this filter bag. What I really like is : the clarity stability is greatly improved. Proven after two days of hard diver training.

This pool is 13 feet deep, its not shallow.

Attachments

• IMG_0863_resize.JPG
    IMG_0863_resize.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 666
Yes, they do work quite well.

Funny story about them...

We use them to filter fill water on a newly plastered pools to prevent potential metal staining on new plaster. One of our crews was filling a 200,000+ gallon neighborhood pool last year and tried to use one. The only problem was he was using a fire hydrant to fill that size pool instead of garden hoses. He put it on the fire hose with hose clamps but he said when they turned the water on the water hammer flipped the hose up out of the pool and it put enough pressure on the bag to break it free of the hose clamps and launch it into the air. They said it looked like it landed about two streets away in someone's backyard.

The bags we were getting at the time had giant green lettering on one side that said "Slimebag".

I can only imagine what the homeowner thought it was when they found it in the backyard! :shock:

Dang....if what I saw in the movie about USA available water flow in the fire hydrant is true.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: its going to be Rocket Slimy Bag.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When used a long time, this bag will accumulate enough super fine greenish/yellow cloudy particle on the outside....I think those are dead microsize algae. No wonder a pool can go green fast..even clear ones like mine, I still can collect those algae.

Now I use double filter. A smaller one inside and that jumbo one outside it...still the green cloudy particle shows on the outside... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . Overall I am happy.

Sometime ago I sent this trolley pump of mine to help my friend's 55K gallon pool remove the cloudiness and thus, the pool was shocked. It took his pump 1 week with pump running 24/7 and still mild clouding..I run my pump for 70 hrs to assist and clear water.... :goodjob: I mean this bag is so cheap, its really worth the money.

Aquaman95 said:
Yes, they do work quite well.

Funny story about them...

We use them to filter fill water on a newly plastered pools to prevent potential metal staining on new plaster. One of our crews was filling a 200,000+ gallon neighborhood pool last year and tried to use one. The only problem was he was using a fire hydrant to fill that size pool instead of garden hoses. He put it on the fire hose with hose clamps but he said when they turned the water on the water hammer flipped the hose up out of the pool and it put enough pressure on the bag to break it free of the hose clamps and launch it into the air. They said it looked like it landed about two streets away in someone's backyard.

The bags we were getting at the time had giant green lettering on one side that said "Slimebag".

I can only imagine what the homeowner thought it was when they found it in the backyard! :shock:

ROFL!!!! 8)

That's hilarious!

I need to rig up an attachment to my waste valve, as when i try to clamp the discharge hose to it, the hose ruptures from the back pressure. I'm thinking a 1 1/2" threaded elbow coming out of the filter to pvc 1 1/2 inch pipe with female couple that my slimebag can attach to and discharge into pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.