How is your booster pump plumbed?

So...

I'm plumbing my pool equipment right now, specifically the booster pump for my Polaris 280 robot. The installation manual says to plumb it in UP-stream of the chlorinator. I was under the understanding that you wanted your robot distributing the freshly chlorinated water around while it worked? Will I have a problem if I do it this way? Or just Tee it in after the filter/heater like the manual says?

I'm interested in some opinions here from other booster pump owners.

Thanks...

Chlorine will get into the water just fine via the normal return jets. The chlorinator creates a much stronger mixture in the line than what is in the pool. The constant stream of highly chlorinated water may damage the plastic parts of the Polaris, erode the filter bag, etc.

The Polaris does a great job of helping stir up the water in the pool, but it isn't designed to be a chemical injection system. :wink:

Thanks Dave,

I think I actually saved a picture you posted during your build of your plumbing showing yours downstream too. I've seen a couple other pics of plumbing pads arranged with the booster down stream of the SWCG. I guess now I'm torn which way to do it. I might just put an extra Tee on both sides and swap it if I see a problem.

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.