ABG Pool INstall... pavers? Sand? Tarp?

gn

Sep 2, 2013
HI All!
Brand new here...

For 3 weeks now I have been digging, leveling and building a retaining wall for my new 18' INtex. I've had to dig/remove a good 3' for half the radius of the pool!! I've scoured this forum and google and other places to only really get more confused. After "leveling" the ground I placed eighteen 12" pavers 37" (from center) next to each other. I thought the whole reason for the pavers was in case the pool sinks a bit, so I buried mine about 1-2" beneath the top of the ground so they are not flush. I marked the sites where the pavers are buried and was planning on positioning the legs right on top of those areas. Now as I read more, I find that some people just put the pavers right on top of the ground just before putting the pool up- is this the better way?

So here are my questions:
1. In what order should I put down sand (do I need sand?), HD tarp (I def need this because my ground is 75% rocks), foam, pool tarp? - (my ground is "level" but it has a lot of divits and mounds that I thought the sand would take care of, but I could use my dirt and fill in those areas and bypass sand unless that is a bad idea)
2. What Foam/insulation board should I purchase from Lowes/Home depot? Is there a specific kind? Can you add a link if you know it?
3. Should I add pavers (again) under the legs (ontop of whatever else I do) just before I put the pool up?

I live in Florida so I plan on leaving it up all year, so I want to do this the "right" way the first time. :)

Thanks for your help- I really appreciate it!

IMHO The right way is to get the base of the pool firm and level for the size of the pool plus a three foot skirt of extra. In Florida, it's pretty common to have sand as your soil. If you near enough sea level where liquifaction (sand becoming fluid) is an issue, I would build a base out of a compactible gravel on top of the soil. Digging pavers below the surface in sand is asking for the risers to sink and walls to push up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.