CARETAKER 99 QUESTIONS....SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE!!

Sep 4, 2013
I JUST REPLACED THE INNER WORKING GEARS AND VALVES OF THE MAIN SYSTEM WITH A REBUILD KIT...THE JETS POP UP AND WORK NOW EACH GOING THROUGH THERE CYCLE...HOWEVER ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO ROTATE? IVE BEEN READING AND RESEARCHING AND IT SEEMS THAT THEY SHOULD....MINE DONT....THEY JUST POP AND RUN THROUGH THE CYCLE BUT THERE IS NO ROTATION....WHAT CAN I DO???

THANK YOU

MM

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please stop using all capitol letters, it is harder to read and considered shouting and rude online.

They do not rotate while the water is coming out. When the zone switches and the pop-ups lower back into the pool, they slightly rotate and "clock". So the next time they raise, they will be turned a little bit from the last time (this might be hard to see ... not exactly sure how many degrees they turn each cycle).

thank you to jason and 1988...much appreciated...i finally took one out and looked at how it works...and they are fine, rotate(slowly) albeit but they work...when they are running i just push them down to rotate them in the direction i want them...sorry for the caps...wont happen again!

You are supposed to run you pump long enough to get 1-2 full rotations of the pop-ups ... that is one disadvantage of this system, you have to run a big pump and you have to run it for a long time.

jblizzle said:
You are supposed to run you pump long enough to get 1-2 full rotations of the pop-ups ... that is one disadvantage of this system, you have to run a big pump and you have to run it for a long time.

I have this system with 12 heads. I feel it's pretty useless for any type of "cleaning" However, it's perfect for circulating chemicals.

I had it at my previous house ... well before I found this place and knew anything about pools. I thought it did a pretty good job keep the pool clean, although dirt would collect in a few corners that required me to brush then toward the drain ... or pull out the vac and hose and suck it up.

Now, I probably would not install such a system due the required large pump and run time and initial cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.