Maximum Chlorine levels to swim?

68fish

Aug 31, 2013
Hello,

will be starting to treat a mustard algae problem once my new test kit comes in. What is the highest ppm of chlorine that you can swim in? According to the chart, I will have to hold and maintain 37 ppm to treat my problem based on 67 ppm CYA. I find it easier to brush the pool from the inside, rather than outside. Thanks for any input!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Have you read the article in Pool School about Mustard Algae? Are you sure you have it? Many people come here thinking they have some special algae, when in fact it is just like everyone else's:
pool-school/mustard_algae

Note that you only raise up to Mustard SLAM level ... AFTER ... you have competed the normal SLAM Process.

As Woody said, it is safe to swim up to normal SLAM level ... although if you are just in the pool briefly to brush, that should be fine above that level ... just wear an old suit ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.