Pentair intelliflo vs but no control panel??

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
My pool was just finished on Friday....So theres so much that i dont know yet! I upgraded my pump, to the intelliflo variable speed, based on recommendations from my builder. He still hasn't came back and given me the orientation, so my pump has been set on speed 3 running continuously all this time. Can anyone recommend where I can find out how to determine how many hours a day and at what speed it needs to run? I may try to set it up on my own. Also everyone that comes here asks my where my panel is....I do not have one mounted anywhere. They all tell me that's where they check their pool temp. and salt levels. Does this pump tell me all of this on that small control panel that's made on the pump? I asked him about upgrading so I could change settings with my phone but he told me it would be an extra $2250 now and $3000 later, does that price sound normal?

I assume the VS only has a power line into it and the data port on the side (black cap) is not connected? if so, it is running stand alone.

I have a NF and it is a bit easier than the VS... with the VF you just set the pool size, number of turnovers you want each day and the hours you want it to run, and it will select the proper flow rate to achieve that... I am not familiar with the VS, but I believe you need to set your run times (you can set multiple start and stop times) and the RPM you want to use for each time period. What you will need to calculate is the RPM speed you need to get the gpm you want during the hours you want it to run. ie. if your pool is 20,000 gal and you want one turn over and run the pump 12 hours, you will need about 28 gpm to achieve that. Translating that to pump RPM will be system dependent... ie. plumbing, distance, etc.

This thread goes into some good detail on finding the best, most cost effective speed.

intelliflo-vs-011018-rpm-watts-to-gpm-t46117.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.