Pump Head Pressure - Someone said it was too low

May 2, 2013
Dallas area
Hello - I have a Pentair VS+SVRS pump and a Pentair cartridge clear and clean plus 520 and when running the pump on low speed (1100 rpm), I am getting near zero head pressure. The person with the builder that helped startup the pool said he always likes to see at least 10 psiand suggested running it faster. I am running the pump on high for 2 hours per day which gives me almost 1 turn on the water and then 1100 rpm for 8 hours to keep the swg working. Why would I ever want more pressure? There is still water coming out of all the jets and it will even make the waterfalls trickle if I wanted. Running the pump on low if about 140 watts, running on high is about 2400 watts (17 times increase) with an estimated increase in water flow of 6-7 times. I estimated these flow rates based on others post in the forum.

Anthony

While 10 psi would be good for a single speed pump, but the whole purpose of a variable speed pump is so that you can reduce the amount of power used and that means lower flow and therefore lower dynamic head press. Run it as low as you want to and don't worry about the head pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.