Algae appearing..how much Shock to use?

Jun 14, 2008
Dallas, TX
Good evening TFPers,

I am seeing evidence of algae appearing in my pool (if started from scratch with fresh water and chemicals added by the pool guys two or three weeks ago)
I have been waiting patiently for my test kit to arrive for several days...but unfortunately it has not arrived yet. Therefore I am going to have to guess how much shock to throw in...any suggestions (it's a 25000 gallon pool).

Once the kit arrives I can do the full battery of tests...but I don't want the pool turning into a swamp while I wait:)

Thanks
Steven

I really don't think you should "guess". At the very least is there a nearby store that sells strips, wal-mart or K-mart or a Hardware store that sells pool supplies? What about a pool store that can test the numbers for you?

How about a neighbor with a pool, can you ask to borrow some strips? At least it's something....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.