Pool Heater Rusted, Mosquitos, & Surface Movement

Jun 19, 2013
Sunny Florida
Hi, we just closed on a house. Our first pool! And the heater top grate is really rusted. Do they sell replacements for this or should I take it off and spray it with anything?

Also, the filter was leaking a bit before we cleaned it. I guess this was supporting some water and algae to form on concrete by the pool equipment. The amount of mosquitos was/is insane. It's still pretty bad. Should I install an electrical zapper near the area? Any advice?

As a side note, our pool went from murky and cloudy to beautifully clear thanks to this site! I was able to balance the pool with dry acid! Also, the pool didnt have good water movement, but it does now. I think there might be a blockage somewhere in the system because sometimes it is very still and othertimes there is nice surface movement. Weird right?

Attachments

• small pic pool.jpg
    small pic pool.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 60
Here is the pool with no surface movement. Its like this sometimes. Today, I noticed when the robot vac was not plugged in, not much movement. Then when I plugged in vac, I got more surface flow within a few hours. Is that a coincidence and maybe I am dealing with a blockage somewhere?

Attachments

• pool no movement.jpg
    pool no movement.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 57
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.