Connecting Light to Easy Touch 4

Strobos

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I am connecting a new LED light to a newly installed ET4. I want to clean up the original pool light junction box/switch/outlet setup and instead plumb directly to the ET with a short 1/2" pipe extension from the copper pool light conduit. I will install the new outlet in the ET knockout. Both the light and outlet will have their own dedicated gfi breaker. Do I have to keep the old pool light junction box? Or can I do what I want to do, get rid of the clutter and wire the light cord directly in the panel?

Also, I would like to use copper pipe for the extension but is galvanized okay if thick wall copper is hard to find?

I'l try to post pictures so you can get see what I am doing.
Original_zps8411995a.jpg

Extension_zps58ed2ee9.jpg

Pool lights are required to have their cables terminate in a listed pool junction box, which the ET4 is not. I'd leave it exactly the way is is with the possible exception of moving the GFCI outlet to the ET4 panel KO and putting a blank cover on the existing bell box. You will also need to plug the third hole from the switch box if you remove the switch. I left the switch in my installation so I can leave the light off without reprogramming if I'm going out of town for instance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.