Spa / pool return actuator valve problem

charlieTX

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2013
Houston, Texas
Howdy!

I've been working on this problem for a while and can't figure it out.

I have a compool controlled Jandy valve actuator which rotates to allow water to return to the pool or the spa.

When I am running pool only, there are no issues, good flow, good pressure, and nothing goes to the spa, and the spa maintains it's level.

When I turn off the pool. The spa drains to the level of the pool.

When I turn on the spa, water flows to the spa, but also to the pool, even though the actuator has turned and the pool should be off.

I have replaced the check valve on the spa return and have replaced the diverter valve, but still cannot seal off the pool return.

It's more of an issue now as when I want to heat the spa, I am also heating the pool and it's taking too long.

Any ideas appreciated, please!

I'll grab a photo now.

Yes the handle turns the whole way and is in line with the pipe, so the pool return should be shut off. It works fine and looks the same in the opposite direction, I never get flow to the spa when running the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.