New...quick test kit question!

Sep 3, 2013
Hi everyone!

I have been following here and there, and after many problems with my pool decided to go with the BBB method!

So, first thing on the list was to get the test kit!

I ordered the TF-50.....is that sufficient? I have put so much $$$ into this pool. I tried to go with the best economical version for now, since I will be closing it in about 3 weeks! I live in CT.

Your TF50 should get you through the rest of the year, depending on your water condition. I would suggest next year ordering a TF-100 refill (around $35). You will use up the reagents for CYA and FAS/DPD rather quickly. The refill will address that issue.

Do you have a kit to test PH??

Thanks for the quick replay...and the welcome!

I do have a test kit now which includes ph :)

I'll give you a quick background.

I opened our pool back in June, and had an awful mess! Lots of leaves/debris and dark green. I made the big mistake of heading to my local pool store and began the yo-yo of "add this" now "add this" and after a month had an "ok" looking pool.

That is when I found this site and converted to bleach from the pucks. I still did not follow the method exactly though but looks got "better" and I mostly guesstimated (bad, I know).

Per the pool store my CYA was 40, and I was testing FC and CC with a cheap kit. Adding bleach haphazardly...

My problem is ALAGE keeps coming back, so now (a little late in the game) I realize I need to SLAM and use a reliable test kit.

Current condition of the water is blue....very cloudy. This is after I brought a sample to the pool store and the said FC was 0.5. I added bleach yesterday and this morning just to keep the algae sort of at bay until the test kit arrives.

When it comes I will return with test results :)

Thanks again!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.