Need Help! Reassembling DE Filter Triton Nautilus FNS 80

Jun 17, 2013
I'm new to pools and this is my first attempt to manually clean my DE filter. Currently I have the thing disassembled and sprayed off, but getting the grids back together is not working out for me. I thought I'd taken a good look at the assembly before taking it apart, but putting it back together is not working out.

Where can I find a guide for this? I wasn't able to find a youtube video or other source, and the users manual just glosses over this part.

Any help is appreciated.

Ben

Re: Need Help! Reassembling DE Filter Triton Nautilus FNS 8

The bottom assembly has small round sections that line up with the center of the grid spines. One says "Short Grid" where the one partial size grid goes. Put the grids onto the bottom, lining up the spines with the round spots, and the rest of the bottom of the grid will fit into the slots. Then, put on the top manifold and secure with the nuts.

Thanks James, I truly appreciate you taking the time to help. I've been working with it since my first post and made a little progress.

There is no label on the bottom assembly that I can see, but I think I have the grids more or less lined up now. The problem I'm having is keeping all 10 grids + two rods (one of which is not original and falls to the side in a most inconvenient manner) lined up so that I can get the top manifold in place.

Any advice for my situation?

The grids should stand up ok. The FNS sometimes has a grid template that holds the grids in place, but I don't like to use it. The manifold goes on the two retainer rods and then down on the grids. The manifold downspout lines up with the cut out in the bottom retainer. The short grid has to be in the correct place so that it does not block the downspout or standpipe.

I did this for the first time this summer. It is a little frustrating as when one or two are lined up, they tend to slip or move.

As I remember I assembled and secured two or three grids at a time, put the top template on and half tightened the connectors, and then had to use more force to get the rest in under the template. I do remember thinking it would be much easier with two people, having one person apply pressure to the grids already mounted!

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.